Corporate and Commercial -Projects and TMT Associates / Senior Associates
- 2 – 5 years post admission experience.
- Substantial experience relating to mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, real estate / conveyance and other general corporate work.
- Experience relating to projects, energy, infrastructure, TMT and FMCG is an advantage.
- Familiar with the drafting and reviewing of transaction / project documents and providing legal and regulatory advice relating to laws and regulations affecting relevant sectors of the Malaysian economy.
- Able to carry out effective legal research and liaise with regulators and government authorities.
- Good academic results from a well-regarded university.
Real Estate Associates / Senior Associates
- 1 – 4 years post admission experience..
- Good academic results from a well-regarded university..
- This position offers a mixture of real estate and banking work.
- Experience relating to real estate work and banking work, familiarity with conveyancing processes and banking processes.
- Ability to conduct research and advisory work (whether on legal issues, practical issues or regulatory treatment).
- Familiarity with regulatory applications in connection with real estate transaction (state consent, EPU and etc.).
- Familiarity with banking documentation and loan release process.
- Experience in liaising with regulatory authorities (stamp office, land office and etc.).
Train with us. With our master-pupil system, you will be learning through practice and observation and discover first-hand how to deliver legal advice to our high standards; thus giving you the tools to forge a successful career as a lawyer.
At ASL, the practice areas available to pupils during the nine-month pupillage period include the following:
i. Banking and Finance/Debt Capital Markets
ii. Mergers and Acquisitions/Corporate and Commercial
iii. Equity Capital Markets
iv. Real Estate and Civil Aviation
v. Projects (Energy, Infrastructure and Construction)
vi. Telecommunications, Multimedia and Technology
Pupils may choose to work in any one (1) of the available practice areas. We also encourage pupils to explore different areas of practice before they embark on their legal career. Accordingly, we provide an option for pupils to work in any two (2) available practice areas which will be divided into two (2) categories, Major and Minor seats. The pupil will start at the Major seat for a longer tenure before moving on to the Minor seat for a shorter tenure, both which will cover the nine-month pupillage period in total.