Key Practice Areas:
Being called to the Malaysian Bar in 2009, Jerry has been a partner at Adnan Sundra & Low since 2017, specializing in banking, finance and capital markets.
He has worked on financing deals comprising a variety of structures, including perpetual securities, asset backed securities and project financing in both conventional and Islamic forms and was involved in the early Murabahah trades done under the Bursa Suq Al-Sila’ (BSAS) commodities trading platform.
Jerry counts many significant deals under his belt, having acted for Hong Leong Investment Bank Berhad on an RM1.1 billion issuance under an asset backed securitization program related to Queensbay Mall, Penang, by Special Coral Sdn Bhd and Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Malaysia) Berhad in relation to issuance of medium-term notes, under an asset backed securitization program valued at RM20 billion with AEON Credit Service (M) Berhad and CIMB Bank Berhad as originators.
He has also advised on various energy project financing, including coal fired and gas fired power plants, regasification facilities and most recently solar projects.
- LL.B. (Hons) – University of Sheffield
- Certificate in Legal Practice
- Malaysian Bar (2009)
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Asian Legal Business Malaysia Rising Stars 2021
- Advising AmInvestment Bank Berhad, CIMB Investment Bank Berhad and Hong Leong Investment Bank Berhad in relation to issuance of Sukuk Murabahah under a Sukuk Murabahah financing receivables asset-backed securitisation programme of up to RM2.0 billion under the Shariah Principle of Murabahah via Tawarruq Arrangement by Zamarad Assets Berhad.
- Advising Maybank Investment Bank Berhad and OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad in relation to syndicated term loan facility of up to USD200.0 million by Leader Infrastructure (Labuan) II Limited in relation to a 135 MW net capacity coal fired power plant in the province of Preah Sihanouk, Cambodia.
- Advising HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad in relation to the issuance of Islamic medium term notes of up to Ringgit Two Hundred and Sixty Million (RM260,000,000.00) in nominal value based on the Shariah principle of Wakalah Bi Al-Istithmar under the ASEAN Green Bond Standards by Leader Energy Sdn Bhd for the financing/ refinancing of the (a) 29MWac solar project in Kuala Muda, Kedah by Leader Solar Energy Sdn Bhd and (b) 20MWac solar project in Kuala Muda, Kedah by the Leader Solar Energy II Sdn Bhd.
- Advising CIMB Investment Bank Berhad and Maybank Investment Bank Berhad in relation to issuance of Sukuk Wakalah Bi Al-Istithmar of RM470.0 million by Tanjung Bin O&M Berhad in relation to a power project in Johor.
- Advising CIMB Bank Berhad, Labuan Offshore Branch and OCBC Al-Amin Bank Berhad in relation to a syndicated commodity murabahah financing-i facility of up to USD170.0 million by Dialog LNG Sdn Bhd in relation to liquefied natural gas regasification facilities in Pengerang.
- Advising Khazanah Nasional Berhad in relation to the issuance of USD500.0 million exchangeable trust certificates due 2021 exchangeable into ordinary shares of par value RM1.00 each of Tenaga Nasional Berhad by Cahaya Capital Ltd with recourse to Khazanah Nasional Berhad.
- Advising HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad and Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad in relation to issuance of perpetual securities pursuant to a perpetual note programme of RM10.0 billion by Sunreit Perpetual Bond Berhad.
- Advising Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Malaysia) Berhad in relation to issuance of sukuk pursuant to a multi-currency sukuk programme under the Shariah principle of Wakalah Bi Al-Istithmar of USD500.0 million (or its equivalent in other currencies) irrevocably guaranteed by the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Advising Maybank Investment Bank Berhad in relation to IMTN and ICP Programmes established by Touch Mobile Sdn Bhd for financing of Touch Mindscape Sdn Bhd and its group’s telecommunication tower business.