Our team is well-versed in the full spectrum of local and cross-border banking and finance transactions, inclusive of corporate and commercial, project, mezzanine and acquisition finance, loan syndication, debt restructuring and other financing arrangements.
Our Pragmatic Approach
We have extensive experience in advising both financiers and borrowers, and adopt a pragmatic, efficient and commercially focused approach in assisting parties to reach agreement and close transactions in a timely manner.
Being on the panel of the vast majority of Malaysian banks and financial institutions, we are often consulted for advice on various aspects of their operations, regulatory framework and documentation, and consider ourselves well-acquainted with the institutional approach of negotiating and closing financing transactions and fully aware of what financiers look for in considering transactional structures, credit-risk and bankability. Our expertise also includes advising financially distressed companies and their creditors on debt restructuring & rescheduling and advising on debt settlement.
Our Market Recognition:
We are privileged and grateful for our achievements to be acknowledged and recognised as follows:
- National Law Firm of The Year – International Financial Law Review Asia Awards, 2007 and 2014
- Malaysian Law Firm of The Year – Asian Legal Business (ALB) Malaysia Law Awards 2016 and 2020
- West Malaysia Law Firm of The Year – ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year – ALB Malaysia Law Awards 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Malaysia Projects & Project Financing Firm of The Year – Asian-Mena Counsel Awards 2018 and 2019
- Malaysia Project Finance Law Firm of The Year – The Asset Triple A Asia Infrastructure Awards 2019
- Client Service Award, Malaysia – AsiaLaw Regional Awards 2019
- IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 2020 – Most Innovative National Law Firm (Malaysia)
- In-House Community Malaysia Law Firm of the Year 2021 for Banking and Finance
Rankings / Publications
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2022 – Ranked Band 1 for Banking & Finance
- IFLR 1000 2022 – Ranked Tier 1 for Banking & Finance
- Legal 500 2022 – Ranked Tier 1 for Banking & Finance
- Asialaw Profiles 2022– Ranked ‘Outstanding’ for Banking & Finance, Banking & Financial Services
Our Deal Experience:
Our experience includes acting as transaction counsel in the following recent and market-significant deals:
- acting for DanaInfra Nasional Berhad, in connection with Syndicated Revolving Credit-i Facility of up to RM8.0 billion;
- advising Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd (SYABAS) in relation to the raising of RM2.5 billion in term loans and equity funding for the financing of SYABAS’ undertaking of the privatisation of water supply in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya;
- acting for CIMB Investment Bank Berhad, the arranger, in connection with the provision of a secured Islamic term loan facility of up to RM1.4 billion to Sapura Research Sdn Bhd to finance the Government Integrated Radio Network project;
- acting for Standard Chartered Bank, London as mandated lead arranger, agent and security agent in relation to a GBP405,000,000 Senior Secured Bridge Facility granted to LINKS BIDCO S.À.R.L.;
- acting for Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Berhad and a syndicate of arrangers, underwriters and the agent in relation to a USD540 million syndicated term loan facility taken by the Government of Malaysia;
- advising a syndicate of lenders on a term loan facility of up to RM500m to Chailease Berjaya Credit Sdn Bhd for working capital purposes and the refinancing of existing borrowings;
- acting for RHB Bank Berhad in relation to a RM1 billion term loan facility granted to the Government of Malaysia;
- advising a syndicate of lenders on a term loan facility of up to US$1.25 billion for Pengerang Terminals (Two) Sdn Bhd to fund the project costs of its oil storage terminal in Pengerang, Johor;
- acting as Malaysian counsel for the arranger, ING Bank N.V., Singapore Branch, in relation to term loan facilities of up to US$80.0 million granted to a regional leading provider of solar energy to fund the development of solar projects across ASEAN;
- acting for the financier, MIDF Amanah Investment Bank Berhad, in relation to (i) term loan facilities (both conventional and Islamic) of up to RM150.0 million and (ii) an Islamic term loan facility of up to RM20.0 million, granted to an investment company to fund the acquisition of several large-scale solar (LSS) projects across Malaysia; and
- acting for BNP Paribas in relation to a term loan facility of up to USD170.8 million, granted to a joint-venture project company to fund the development, construction, operation and maintenance of a coking plant in Malaysia.