Key Practice Areas:
Sue Li is primarily involved in equity fund raising, mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory and general corporate and commercial matters.
Her experience includes advising on the disposal of, the acquisition of and the merger of companies across various industries, advising listed companies on their renounceable rights issue of shares and bonus issue of shares, acting as issuer’s counsel or underwriters’ counsel for the initial public offering and listing of several companies on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad and acting as issuer’s counsel in relation to the listing and quotation of stapled securities in Malaysia.
- LL.B. (Hons) - University of Sheffield
- Malaysian Bar (2010)
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Equity Deal of the Year (IFN Deals of the Year Awards 2010) – Initial public offering of PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad
- Corporate Finance Deal of the Year (IFN Deals of the Year Awards 2018) – Acquisition by Puncak Niaga Holdings Berhad of the entire issued share capital of TRIplc Berhad from Pimpinan Ehsan Berhad
- Advising on the initial public offering of PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad (domestic legal counsels to the underwriters).
- Advising on the initial public offering of UOA Development Berhad.
- Advising on the initial public offering of Lotte Chemical Titan Holding Berhad.
- Advising on the listing and quotation of stapled securities comprising the stapling of ordinary shares in KLCC Property Holdings Berhad and units in KLCC Real Estate Investment Trust.
- Advising on the reverse take-over of Tekala Corporation Berhad by WMG Holdings Bhd.
- Advising on the renounceable rights issue of new ordinary shares in MNRB Holdings Berhad to raise gross proceeds of approximately RM400 million.
- Advising on the acquisition by Affin Holdings Berhad of 100% interest in HwangDBS Investment Bank Berhad and HDM Futures Sdn Bhd, 70% interest in Hwang Investment Management Berhad and 49% interest in Asian Islamic Investment Management Sdn Bhd from Hwang-DBS (Malaysia) Berhad.
- Advising on the acquisition by Puncak Niaga Holdings Berhad of the entire issued share capital of TRIplc Berhad from Pimpinan Ehsan Berhad.