Key Practice Areas:
Tze Yen is a practitioner in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial contracts and general corporate advisory.
Tze Yen has been involved in a broad range of corporate work and has, amongst others, advised financial institutions, insurance companies (general, life and takaful), manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and speciality traders on their mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- LL.B. (Hons) – Cardiff University
- LL.M. – University College London
- Malaysian Bar (2000)
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Advising AmcorpGroup Berhad in relation to its disposal of its shares in AMMB Holdings Berhad (“AMMB”) to Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited.
- Advising ABH Holdings Sdn Berhad and AmBank (Malaysia) Berhad in relation to the sale of 30% of the issued share capital in AmAssurance Berhad (now known as AmMetLife Berhad) to IAG International Pty Limited.
- Advising AMAB Holdings Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of AMMB, in relation to the disposal of shares in AmLife Insurance Berhad (now known as AmMetLife Berhad) and AmFamily Takaful Berhad (now known as AmMetLife Takaful Berhad) to MetLife International Holdings Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MetLife, Inc. in connection with a joint venture between AMAB Holdings Sdn Bhd and MetLife International Holdings, Inc which involves a 20-year bancassurance and bancatakaful relationship with AmBank (M) Berhad and AmIslamic Bank Berhad.
- Advising Maybank Ageas Holdings Berhad in relation to the disposal of all its shares in Overseas Investment Private Limited (a company incorporated in Labuan) to HM Holding Limited.
- Advising PanGlobal Insurance Berhad in relation to the disposal of its general insurance business to Tokio Marine Insurans (Malaysia) Berhad.
- Advising Tahan Insurance Malaysia Berhad in relation to the disposal of its general insurance business to Overseas Assurance Corporation (Malaysia) Berhad.
- Advising insurance/takaful companies in relation to the splitting of composite insurance/takaful business by way of scheme of transfer.
- Advising insurers/takaful companies in relation to exclusive and non-exclusive bancassurance/bancatakaful arrangements with financial institutions.
- Advising on various foreign companies in relation to the establishment of local companies and businesses, via joint ventures or wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Advising on various companies in relation to corporate reorganisation and restructuring.